Thursday, July 26, 2012

Review :Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols

I had high expectations the moment I glimpsed the cover and read the summary..... and they were completely fulfilled! Such a Rush is a beautifully written page turner of friendship,romance, and just learning how to come out of hard times! Leah is a unique protagonist that has such a well acted display that no one can truly guess how hard things are in the core. She is a strong girl and definitely not a flimsy protagonist! Her passion for flying is a unique aspect as well as enticing and (as far as I know of) new to the YA collection.  It was indeed a love triangle (Grayson vs.Alec), which I have to admit , the love triangles I like have to taste a certain way, and this one fortunately did! Grayson (who I rooted for from the start) was sweet, but also grumpy (which is understandable and makes him lifelike) due to dealing with his own problems.Alec was more the football-jock-with-the-cheerleader-girlfriend type, but also had his moments that make you just think, "Awwww." The mystery of (sorry,can't tell you that, now can I?) was not predictable and kept me guessing, which throws my complements to Ms.Echols, for I haven't read many that  are actually a mystery to the reader. The suspense dug through my brain like a worm, not like a faint "hmm" and then an immediate "Oh, I know!" Don't pass this brilliant novel up!

Overall....
/5



Picture Bibliography-Such A Rush. 2012. Photograph. Goodreads.com. Goodreads Inc, 2012. Web. 26 July 2012. <http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12989112-such-a-rush>.

No comments:

Post a Comment